Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Gender difference

Who art thou to say I art a woman
a perilous castle
awaiting to bear children
juggle my life
to make yours complete
The one who signs the checks
to pay the bills
the one who sacrifices free time
to play the game
cook the dinner
call the doc or vet
and still have time for you
To do the laundry
and keep chaos out of the house
change the diapers
settle the screaming child
see the school officials
and work full time
Who art thou to say thou art a man?
a knight in shinning Armour
defending our lives
bearer of the burden
to make yours complete
The one who works oh so hard, everyday
The one who plays pool at the pub
watches games at night
goes off to a little league event
and never have time for me
Who sleeps in Sunday morning
awaiting the paper like a king
feet stretched out
coffee in hand and the radio on
and wondering where I am?
Who art thou to decide it is time for Vacation
without a prelude to the event to me
I need a break, you say
So, I wash the clothes and pack
cancel appointments
call the travel agent
and everyone gets a hair cut
Are thou buying my love
I did not fall in love with organization
that is not my thing
I like to sleep in and read the paper too
My idea is not to spend my vacation
as I would at home
to be with you
Thou Art not the man
I fell in love with
What happened to the romantic walks
Where did the morning love making go
You used to be so sweet
Just about us
and now
You are only a man
I guess that is the gender difference

No comments: