Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Jamie's Poems, 2001

These are for Jamies, he was my 21 year old pain in the ass that made me date him and made me fall in love with him, and fell in love with me despite me telling him not to.


1
I’m not sure what to do
loving, liking,missing, feeling
are all things
I am not sure I am prepared
to attempt again
unsettled, unrest, nervous
that is me
distrust and jealousy
2
I like
the thought of you
your always kind and sweet
you make me stop in my tracks
and think
I like
the thought of you
wrapped around me
holding me tight
and maybe when things go wrong
you could manage to make it right
I like
the thought of you
you and me
making the world evolve around us
laughing at stupid people
and all their fuss
I like
the thought of you
3
are you real
or just my imaginary escape
can i feel for you
or will it be my heart u take
can you feel for me
despite all the bad women and mistakes
are you real
or just my hope beyond the walls
can I feel for you
or is this yet another trial
can you feel for me
or am i just another conquest to file
are you real
or just another page
another chapter for my book
4
you took me by suprise
a thing not liekly to happen again
are you aware of the delicate
balance of my heart
and that you
and you alone hold it in your hands
you continue to take me
by suprise
how you make me smile
and a feeling inside
I’m not ready to soon forget
5
whisper to me the things
that make you feel
tell me secrets that
I will only hear
talk to me about something
concrete and useful
like you and me and the world
promise me things
even if they are white lies
to make me feel better
draw for me a picture
and then paint it for me
our perfect world
take a chance on me
and my heart
and hold us dear
you will be suprised
at how different
I could make your world
6
once again
I can close my eyes
and have fantasy’s
thanks to you
7
I can’t help but feel
I am just a joke
at your expense
because your bored
or thats what i fear
more and more
please don’t mind me
If i step back
and breathe deeply
My heart is so frail
I am so sensitive
and I’d hate to just be
your toy
when there is so much more
8
the stars could light
the univers up for us
we could open a new
black hole
a vortex to get lost in
I want so bad
I need so bad
and you have my attention
and I like it
but I am scared
a fear i’m not sure
how to overcome
say something
do something
to prove to me
this could work
that you want me
they still need work, but those are poems in process.

No comments: