Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ode to the Laptop

The time we had together
was oh so sweet
You brought me places
that my minds eye had only imagined
Together we traveled to sites unseen
explored castles, oceans, islands, seas
You introduced me to thousands
of new and exciting people
And with the wrong click of a button
and a pause to reboot
You left me staring
at the blue screen of death
I sat in momentary silence
an unsettled grin played across my lips
My eyes stung with unshed tears
so, this is how you go
Loudly my heart pounds
you lived thru the dunk in the toilet
And what about the hot summer day
I left you alone shut in the car
Or the time I came home and found you
playing by yourself in the sandbox
And the heart wrenching time
you were covered screen to port with finger paint
But you chose to hold a small error
against me
a simple uninstall
and then you were gone
I add a very special thanks
to the four who stayed in the ER with me
Bone yard, Frog, Bubbles, Smooch
All there in my desperate time of need
And you, my Toshiba 7000ct left me
stranded without my invisible friends
Alone in America
no castles, no seas, no oceans, no islands
To fend off lonely sleepless nights
alone

No comments: