Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Worst of them all

i think
it should be an honor
to fight for your country
then I look around
and see
the vagabonds
The trash
The Scum
This is what we are fighting for
the worst of it all
And I feel sorry
for the soldier
that goes off to war
and takes the fall
who has shouldered the burden
for the poor
the weak
the shattered
the worst of it all
And I feel Apathy
for America
for having come to this, a world of
the gangs
the fat
the rich
the worst of it all
I hate today
anger builds
at one more story
of fortune and fame
the grotesquely over paid
the ones that line the halls of fame
the worst of it all
I love today
the soldier
who can see beyond all this
and has fought to keep us free
one nation
under god
the poor the weak
the fat the tall
the rich the poor
the gangs at the malls
and defiantly
the worst of them all

No comments: