Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Grandpa

The ghost comes knocking at the door
hello, grandpa
how are you
a ghost I see
of the person I never knew
How handsome you are
can you tell me
will my children
be as beautiful as you
You are a devil with your charm
Your rosary beads awake you
near this hallows eve?]
my mother thinks warm thoughts of you
is that how you are summoned
Grandma, is not as well, as she could be
we try our best, to make her happy
that’s nearly impossible
but you know
I spent many years resenting her
you see, I love her dearly
It’s her illness and tragedy I fear
and sometimes she keeps secrets from me
I’ve learned not to ask
who you were and what you did
it makes everyone cry
or ignore me
or just clam up
I don’t understand why they can’t share their love
Tell me about that special person
that was you
Hello, grandpa
how are you
a ghost I see
of the person I never knew

No comments: